Thursday, January 5, 2012

House Resolutions

I've already confessed to be a lover of lists and resolutions. No surprise that I've got a list of New Year's Resolutions for my house.
I did this last year and found it quite helpful — not just as motivation for me to get things done, but it also helped with budgeting for projects.
This year's list isn't very fancy. Because we want to save money to possibly finish our basement, I am focusing on projects that use items I already have or come with a minimal price tag. I'll do more detailed posts on each project so you can see the before and afters. And I may also be soliciting advice on what to do ...
This bathroom was in the Utah Valley Parade of Homes last spring .. so fresh and fun

1. Makeover the kids' bathroom. Unlike other rooms in my house that I've rearranged and redecorated several times, this upstairs bathroom has received no love. It's not very big and there isn't a lot of wall space due to door placement/gigantic mirror. I'd like to give it some attention this year and spruce it up on a budget. Challenge: Keeping all of the same fixtures but making it look different.
via pinterest via house and home
2. Finish my laundry room makeover. I recently painted stripes in my laundry closet (calling it a room is definitely a misnomer) and LOVE it! It was such a depressing little space before and now it's got some life. But it still needs a little finessing before I can call it good. Challenge: Pack a small space with lots of functional style on a shoestring.
dreamy bedroom by Belmont Design Group
3. Finish decorating the master bedroom. This is one of the aforementioned rooms that I've never quite finished but changed plenty of times. The DIY headboard I made is on its third upholstery job! Don't worry, I've done it all on the cheap. Challenge: Come up with inexpensive accessories, pillows and artwork to tie together the basics I already have.
Gallery wall from Emily A. Clark

4. Figure out the TV wall. This one has me stumped. We have a wall-mounted TV and I want to think of a way to decorate around it. I've got a gallery wall on the stairs near to the TV, so that option is probably out. Challenge: Decorating around our TV.

If you have any ideas or inspiration images to share, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment