Monday, January 23, 2012

Inspiration


On days (and, let's face it, weeks) when I don't have any time to conquer projects, I love finding inspiration for things I'll be able to do "some day"...


 I absolutely love the color of this console table. I took this photo at Alice Lane Home last spring. My sister Melody gave me a cute cabinet that I would love to paint this color. Right now it's a brighter shade of turquoise.


Love this ottoman. The rug underneath it was actually a really pretty textural leather but it has a linoleum look to it in this photo.

We have an ottoman that we got about seven years ago that has seen better days. I bought it for $20 when a large department store was going out of business. It's functional but has never been pretty. We got a new ottoman that I like much better, but I can't part with the oldie because it is really well made. I'm thinking a slipcover of this type could be just the thing to put it back into my good books.

From the 2011 Utah Valley Parade of Homes
I think this mirror is an interesting shape and just right for this size of wall. This inspires me to find interesting objects to put on previously unadorned walls.

From the 2011 Utah Valley Parade of Homes




Someday, I would love to have a kitchen with a big window that looks outside. You can't quite see it in the photo, but this window has a beautiful view of Mt. Timpanogos. I also heart the farmhouse sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment