Monday, January 9, 2012

Thrifting Season

Did you know that now is the best time of year to hit the jackpot at the thrift store? And by hit the jackpot I meant find really cool stuff in great shape.

Why now? Because people are clearing out the old to make way for new Christmas presents and trying to minimize clutter at the start of the year. One person's New Year's Resolution to get organized could equal awesome treasures for you.

(Of course, if you made a resolution to get organized, it may not be a wise time for you to stock up.)

Usually I don't find much at the thrift store — aside from a few no-fail items that I will blog about soon. But on a recent trip I had some awesome finds: 


These cute black Madden Girl pumps ... $5 in like-new condition



Sofft brand black pumps ... $5 and also like new. These are even cuter on than they are in the picture.

Simply Vera by Vera Wang purse, immaculate condition, $2


Brown Madden Girl kitten heel shoes, $5. I wonder if all of these shoes are from the same woman's closet?

I have wanted a purse this color for ages, and I was so stoked when I found this for $2


See, look, it's even cute inside!

I also got two skinny belts (one in a cognac brown, the other black) and three shirts.

Have you found any treasures at the thrift store lately? I'd love to hear about them.



No comments:

Post a Comment